Welcome to our first online course “Lateral Movements” with Anja Beran in English Language
5 Weeks, 5 Chapters – Q&A Session every Week – Start June 13, Registration Deadline June 12, 2020
All videos (theory, riding and in hand videos duration at least 5 hours), audio files, the presentations in pdf-format, the script as well as any bonus materials will also be available as DOWNLOADS. This makes it possible for you to download all the materials and study the individual chapters in your own time, even without an internet connection. Further everything is also available for another 6 months on the online platform. All materials are in English language. The course is not tied to specific dates and times, you can view individual sections depending on the timing.
Date: June 12, 2020 to July 18, 2020
Registration deadline: June 12, 2020 11:59pm
Participation fee: 250.00 €
The course takes place over a period of five weeks and is divided into 5 chapters:
- Leg-yielding and stepping-over
- Shoulder-in and counter-flexed shoulder-in
- Travers and Renvers
- Half-passes and walk pirouettes
- What is the purpose of lateral movements and how can they help to straighten my horse?
- All movements are shown in-hand and under the saddle as well as with different horses
- new films exclusive for this online course
- theoretical lectures
- series of exercises
- graphics to ensure optimum learning success
Via the course platform you also have the opportunity to ask questions, which Anja Beran will answer in a video. Due to the different time zones and to give everyone the same opportunities, it will unfortunately not be possible to have a Facebook live event.
What is an online course?
An online course offers a variety of options which we would like to explain in more detail.
An online course, unlike a webinar, enables us not only to provide participants with theoretical content at a specific time, but also to supply extensive accompanying material. The course platform offers all the functions required for this.
The course platform we have selected is ELOPAGE. When you sign up for the course, you will receive access data to our course website. We will be activating a new chapter on this course website every week – AND the previous chapters will still be available FOR A PERIOD OF 6 MONTHS! The structure of the course platform is easy to follow, each chapter is presented on an individual site. On the left side you can find the menu which allows you to switch back and forth between the individual chapters. You can view all materials directly online as often as you like. The introduction to the course is already available >> on the platform now. On June 13 the first proper chapter of the course will be activated – LEG-YIELDING and STEPPING-OVER
All videos, audio files, presentations in pdf-format, the script as well as any bonus materials will also be available as DOWNLOADS. This makes it possible for you to download all the materials and study the individual chapters in your own time, even without an internet connection. At the very bottom of each individual course page you can find the DOWNLOAD FILES, which you can easily download with just one click.
What material does our course include?
- Theory videos: By means of a presentation, Anja Beran gives a detailed explanation of the theory behind each individual chapter. She also explains how and why the exercises are executed, and precisely why she likes to use specific exercises. The seat, application of the aids as well as the special features of each individual lateral movement are also included in these videos.
- Audio file of the theory videos: The audio recording of the theory videos is available as a separate file. This means you can take a closer look at the theory irrespective of where you are, even travelling, for example.
- Presentation as PDF-file: The presentation used to explain the theory is available as a PDF-file. This makes viewing easier if you want to watch the theory video on a mobile phone or devices with a small screen.
- Riding videos – work in hand: The exercises explained in theory are demonstrated in practice with different horses and from different perspectives. Each lateral movement is explained by presenting work in hand. All videos include commentary by Anja.
- The script: Is suitable for printing, includes a detailed description of the respective lateral movement, graphics concerning the seat, the complete exercises, a recording of the Q&A session
- Once a week Anja will conduct a Q&A session: The question can be asked on the course platform and we will film the answers. We will record these Q&A sessions and upload them on the course platform as a VIDEO so they are available for everyone. Due to the different time zones and to give everyone the same opportunities, it will unfortunately not be possible to have a live event.
For which level is the course suitable?
You are not riding your horse yet? But would still like to participate? You are most welcome – all lateral movements are also shown as work in hand. We demonstrate the exercises in all possible gaits, from very basic, simple walk exercises to demanding exercise at canter.
Introduction: >> Available immediately!
Includes a video introduction as well as all information concerning the course
Registration deadline: June 12, 2020 11:59 pm
Chapter 1: Leg-yielding – stepping over, June 13, 2020
Activation of the 1st chapter of our online course
Chapter 2: Shoulder-in – counter-flexed shoulder-in, June 20, 2020
Activation of the 2nd chapter of our online course
Chapter 3: Travers – Renvers, June 27, 2020
Activation of the 3rd chapter of our online course
Chapter 4: Half-passes – walk pirouettes, July 4, 2020
Activation of the 4th chapter of our online course
Chapter 5: How can lateral movements help me to straighten the horse? July 11, 2020
Activation of the 5th chapter of our online course
REGISTER NOW AND ENSURE PARTICIPATION >> Anja Beran Online Course LATERAL MOVEMENTS